I was going to wait to post about how I am beating my addiction to sugar after I marked 3 months without one sugar craving, but since posting a snippet about it a few weeks ago, I have been flooded with emails and comments asking for more details. I figured since it has been 11 weeks now  – it is close enough.
HOW I AM BEATING SUGAR ADDICTION
Credit:inmyownstyle.com
I am happy to share how I have been getting those sugar cravings out of my life.  It is not only amazing… it is MIRACULOUS!!!! Truly a life changer that has been so easy I am still astounded when I think about it.
So here are the details on how I am beating sugar addiction one day at a time.
Being addicted to anything is not fun, but when you say you are addicted to sugar, others will laugh and say, “ha ha…me, too.”  Addiction and  a “sweet tooth” are two different things.   A sweet tooth is when you want something sweet after dinner.
Addiction is when your mind or that little gremlin in your head won’t stop filling your mind with wanting more and more of it all day long – it won’t stop until you give it a fix and then the process takes over again. A vicious cycle that you have to keep giving into that takes over your life.   I have never been able to go for a few days without chocolate or something sweet like cake or cookies in my entire life, even when I was consciously trying to eat right or on a diet – the 24/7 cravings never went away. The only time I didn’t crave sugar was when I was in the hospital with appendicitis.
Over the past year, my addiction to sugar had gotten so out of control that I had to find something to help or I was going to become diabetic or worse.  It was becoming clear that taking care of myself had to become a priority if I plan on keeping my sanity and health intact.  To do this I had to figure out a way to change my “peanut M&M loving” ways. These little nuggets were taking over my life  – for real!
After getting serious about finding an intervention, I did some research and found something interesting.   Something simple and inexpensive. No doctors or drugs, only a little bottle of…  Dill Oil! You read that right, dill oil is one way to beat sugar addiction.The yellow packages were in my desk, the car, my purse, everywhere.  New ones, half filled ones, crumbled up ones.
Save

I have been using essential oils for years to make my house smell good, but never thought about using them in any other way.  Over the past year I have been reading everything I could about how to use different oils besides diffusing them or placing in light bulb rings. 
Save

Sure enough it was listed and the first item under the heading was to rub dill oil mixed with some carrier oil (almond, olive, grapeseed) on your wrists.  “Say what?” … I had to read it a few times until it sunk in.  “It can’t be that easy???”
All these years of struggling with the addiction and never winning… I figured I had nothing to lose and bought a bottle of dill oil.
I started putting it on my wrists the day after Mother’s Day. 11 weeks  – Life changing!    So far – a TOTAL success.
I have not had one craving – not one!!!  I have had 3 items with sugar in it that I ate at a normal time without the gnawing craving making me do it.  I had some Strawberry Shortcake on my birthday, a small bowl of ice cream when I was down the shore, and a half of a donut when I was in Florida just to taste since the donut shop was hugely popular.  I ate these like a normal person without a craving making me do it. This has never before happened to me in my adult life.

HOW TO USE DILL OIL TO COMBAT SUGAR CRAVINGS

I think for the dill oil to work to beat sugar addiction, you truly have to be addicted to where the “I need a fix voice” cravings are non-stop. You are a true addict – just like someone who is addicted to a street drug or alcohol.
I have lost 7 pounds only because I am not eating all the calories and fat that sugar laden foods have in them. I am still hungry and eat pretty much everything but stay away from foods with added sugar in them in the way of white table sugar, artificial sugar, honey, high fructose corn syrup, etc.
It has been so easy!   I still eat 2 – 3 pieces of fruit a day. Berries, an apple, orange, or a half of a banana in a smoothie.
Save

  • Most essential oils are strong and need to be mixed with what is called a carrier oil first or they can burn your skin. A carrier oil can be any food grade oil – olive, almond, corn…  I had coconut oil in my pantry so that is what I used.
  • To make mixing the oils easier for me every day, I bought an eye dropper bottle at Whole Foods and put the coconut oil in it.
  • Every morning I mix 2 drops of coconut oil with 2 drops of dill oil in my left palm and mix them together with my right index finger. I then spread the mix down the inside center of my wrists just below my palms.  Since it is summer and I wear shorts, I rub the excess behind my knees. I figure it can’t hurt.  :-)
  • That’s it!   For the first 3 weeks I did it every morning and even one evening when I felt a little urge creep up.  Now I don’t use it every day, but have found every other day, even every third day is keeping urges away. If you are addicted to sugar you know what I am talking about when these urges grow into cravings.   I am floored…truly astonished that I have not had one full blown sugar craving since I starting rubbing dill oil on my wrists.
  • You will smell like dill for about 15- 20 minutes after you apply it, so if I know I am going out early in the morning, I make sure to put it on right after I shower.
Keep in mind:
  •  People with epilepsy or that are pregnant should not use Dill
  •  Do not use if you have allergies to Dillweed
  • Every person will respond differently to essential oils, just as everyone responds differently to medication. I have had positive results using the dill oil to stop sugar addiction, but there are a few essential oils I have tried for different things that did the exact opposite of what I was using them for. 
  • I am not an expert on using oils. For more information check out the book on using essential oils in general. It is extensive.
Most essential oil companies sell Dill Oil. Just make sure it is pure 100% Dill Oil with nothing else added.
I use the Dill Oil from a company called Young Living.  I looked at Whole Foods and my local health food store where I buy Calcium Carbonate Powder to make DIY chalk paint. Whole Foods sells Dill Oil in the Wyndmere Naturals line, but Aura Cacia and Now brands do not carry it. I checked around online and found that Mountain Rose Herbs,  Bulk Apothecary, and  doTerra all sell it online.
If I had not been an open-minded thinker, I never would have found out about using Dill Oil to help combat my addiction to sugar. I have gotten down on my hands and knees thanking God and the universe for putting the Reference Guide to Essential Oils book on my radar.
Using the Dill Oil is so perfect for me….it is just my style… simple and affordable. :-)
Another way to combat sugar addiction is to clean up the build up of yeast in your gut. If you crave sweets and chocolate all the time, you probably have what is called Candida.  It is not helping you to overcome your need for sweets.  It only feeds it. One way that I have learned to get rid of it, is to take 1 – 2 tablespoons of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar two to three times a day.  Once upon rising, mid-morning, and mid-afternoon. Mix 1- 2 tablespoons in a 8 oz. of water and drink.  It is a bit hard to get down at first, but once you get used to it, it goes down easier.  Make sure you rinse your mouth out well after drinking so the acid does not wear away the enamel on your teeth. I use a straw so none of it gets on my teeth.   Make sure to get RAW UNFILTERED APPLE CIDER.  Bragg is the one I use. It is sold at most larger super markets and at health food stores.
A simple test to check if you have Candida:  First thing in the morning before you drink or eat anything, spit into a clear glass filled with filtered or bottled water.  If your spit starts to sink and swirls down at all within an hour, you most probably have it. If it sits on top of the water and does not have any tendrils under it, you probably don’t have it.
If you have any questions, let me know and I will  help you as best I can.
Share To:

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours